[Aptitude-devel] My first commits to the repository and question about future releases

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 06:06:56 UTC 2012

Quoting Axel Beckert (abe at debian.org):

> > and adding myself to the control file to be able to upload releases
> > in the future
>
> Yeah, lintian would argue if you're name stands at the end of the
> changelog entry and you're not in the uploaders (or maintainers)
> field.

Unless you mention "Team upload" in the changelog, to be
pedantic...assuming that "aptitude-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org" is
listed in "Maintainer:"

> > Speaking of which, any idea about when should we make a release?
>
> Not me yet. :-)
>
> > I don't know if it should be after a while, to fix as many things as
> > possible, or if it would be better soonish to acknowledge NMUs and
> > release all of the fixes pending.
>
> It's probably not a bad idea to fix all the easier and less intrusive
> stuff which is in now in before starting with the heavier stuff.
>
> Additionally you name would show up on
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/aptitude.html and people (who don't
> read Planet Debian ;-) would see that something's going, too.

Exactly my point. I think that having a release of aptitude not too
late (and thus give people a chance to test it as well as all
autobuilders to build it) is the best to:
- see if something unveiled yet makes aptitude RC-buggy
- give the project a sign that aptitude development is resuming