[Aptitude-devel] Your opinion about a documentation patch, please

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Tue Mar 20 05:42:34 UTC 2012

Quoting Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo (manuel.montezelo at gmail.com):
> Hello,
>
> Could you please take a look and tell me what's your take on this?
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=487438
>
> I think that the remark between state->"current state" and
> action->"planned action" makes sense and it helps to understand what
> apt-based systems do.  I would add the patches.
>
> However I don't know if there are unpleasant consequences about this,
> like e.g. the need for all translators to update their help file and
> man page for little benefit, that will outweight adding the patches.

Sorry, I missed your original message (I mostly overread
aptitude-devel from the summary of topics in mutt).

Don't worry too much about help.txt translation. There are few of
these and the fact that it is not gettext'ed doesn't help anyway.

And the overall translation status of aptitude is not great anyway
(because this is a giant work for all of us)...so a few more fuzzy
string in the manpage translation shouldn't scare you..:-)