[Aptitude-devel] aptitude 0.6.6-1 available on mentors.d.n [Review]

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:18:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

2012/3/27 Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>:
> * Build-Dependencies have changed (ignoring the dropped GTK stuff).
>
> * Debhelper compatibility has been bumped. (I suspect the
>  dh_auto_configure usage as reason.)

I agree that both these are worth a mention in the changelog.

> * debian/control and debian/README.Debian have been updated.

I don't think that the aptitude-gtk entry should be commented out, it
should be removed completely.  At least I've never seen comments in
debian/control files before, much less whole entries -- but maybe it's
because I haven't seen enough.

The aptitude-gtk entry can be rescued from past revisions if needed
again in the future.

> * Support for DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck has been added. (Yay!)

AFAIK this line in debian/rules needs an "export" in the beginning:
DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS = hardening=+all

Also, if debhelper>=9 is going to be used, the debian/rules file could
use some rewriting.

Cheers.