[Aptitude-devel] aptitude 0.6.6-1 available on mentors.d.n

Guillem Jover guillem at debian.org
Tue Mar 27 13:26:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 22:14:11 +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> (your abi/api breaks are usually of the "we added a new member to an
>  internal struct/new parameter breaking function pointers/added new
>  method making yours with the same name ambitious" type and not of
>  "we agreed 3 years ago to a spec, but we don't give a damn now" ?)

I assume this comment to implicitly refer to dpkg (given other similar
comments elsewhere…), if so it's completely uncalled for, because the
interfaces that have changed (besides most of them being required to
have proper cross-grading possible, or because the previous ones were
plain inadequate) were never part of any spec, less so an agreed one.

regards,
guillem