[Aptitude-devel] Processed: close or assign to aptitude

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 09:36:16 UTC 2013

Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:
>> [sub-optimal behaviour in vanilla lenny→squeeze upgrade]
>
> I do guess you, the aptitude maintainers, want to close this bug, but I will
> leave this to you.

Hi

Yes, thanks for bumping this across.  I will leave it open for now as
the bug is well specified and simple to investigate.  I prefer a more
conservative approach of keeping such reports open rather than closing
just because e.g. lenny→squeeze upgrades are too old.

The general issue has been reported a few times, where upgrading one
package from a tight dependency set suggests to remove, rather than
upgrade, the set.  It will be nice to handle these sensibly, but it is
perhaps something which aptitudes resolver model is not so great at.
Anyway, this is a particularly nice test case for the behaviour, and
it shall be merged or closed after more examination.

Regards