[Aptitude-devel] Processed: close or assign to aptitude

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Apr 29 10:50:51 BST 2013

Hi Daniel,

you did not mail the bug, I guess that was intentional?

On Montag, 29. April 2013, Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> Yes, thanks for bumping this across.  I will leave it open for now as
> the bug is well specified and simple to investigate.

ok, very fine with me.

> I prefer a more
> conservative approach of keeping such reports open rather than closing
> just because e.g. lenny→squeeze upgrades are too old.

I understand. I deal a lot with "gatekeeper"-bugs, so my attitude to these
kinds of bugs has changed, though I do know+appreciate if people take over
this bugs when they touch "their" areas! :)

> The general issue has been reported a few times, where upgrading one
> package from a tight dependency set suggests to remove, rather than
> upgrade, the set.  It will be nice to handle these sensibly, but it is
> perhaps something which aptitudes resolver model is not so great at.
> Anyway, this is a particularly nice test case for the behaviour, and
> it shall be merged or closed after more examination.

ok, cool.

cheers & thanks for maintaining aptitude,
	Holger