[Aptitude-devel] Uptodate aptitude documentation online?

Axel Beckert abe at debian.org
Tue Feb 19 22:57:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

the only (more or less) official online documentation for aptitude is
at http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/doc/ and a
very outdated (for version 0.4.11.2). A more recent version (for
0.6.7) can be found online at
http://media.fossclub.de/aptitude/html/en/. (Thanks to Frank Hofmann
(Cc'ed) for that link.)

Nevertheless I think it would be helpful if we have an always uptodate
copy of the docs available somewhere under
http://aptitude.alioth.debian.org/. That would make it easy to refer
to in mails, blog postings, etc.

For example I imagine a (maybe weekly) cron job which checks for the
latest aptitude version in Sid, and if that one is newer than the
previous one, it fetches the aptitude-doc-* packages and extracts the
relevant parts to the http://aptitude.alioth.debian.org/ web.

Unfortunately I still lack official aptitude project membership, so I
have no write access to /home/groups/aptitude/htdocs/ on Alioth. Is
there anything we can do about adding more people the Aptitude Alioth
Project in general? As far as I can see, Daniel Burrows is still the
only project admin, but he seems MIA.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin