[Aptitude-devel] aptitude readability

Kuro Maii kurolist at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 22 20:08:03 UTC 2014

Hello all and/or developers of aptitude,

I have a request to update the cli output of aptitude to be "human
readable". I request this because I have used fedora and find it a bit
to unstable for daily use but I really like how yum has formated its output.
as for a demo of the output here are pastebins for both
aptitude: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6977999/
yum     : http://paste.ubuntu.com/6977867/

If a yum-like output can be implemented I would be very happy even if it
would be with an extra commandline option.

I would also like to know other peoples opinion to the matter as I find
the default output of aptitude to be very unreadable.

kind greetings
Kuro Maii

as real as a world may seem,
there is always another that fits the word "real" better when you wake up.
sometimes,
this might not be what you hoped to wake up to.
but nonetheless,
it is more "real".