[Aptitude-devel] Removing mafm commit access

Javier Barroso javibarroso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:46:20 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Daniel Hartwig <mandyke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am not satisfied with the quality of commits Manuel is making.  As
> the long standing maintainer, I am removing his commit access until
> such time that the quality of his patches improves.
For future research purposes you could indicate which commits from
Manuel are those which you are not satisfied. Which percentage of
commits you are not satisfied ?

> He is welcome to continue submitting patches, performing work on the
> bts, and sponsoring prepared releases.
Surely it is not a great new for aptitude / Debian

> This is not a suggestion, request, or invitation for discussion.
I'm very sad reading this. Why can not you collaborate with him in a
better way ? Debian is a collaborative project. With this sentence
aptitude seems like it is not. Debian should prohibite this kind of
behaviour. At least you should give an advice about the fact, for
example you could ask to Manuel to create a branch with his changes
(like Axel proposed a time ago). Removing permission is bad taste.

As Debian / (attracted initially by aptitude) user I want to thank you
both your effort improving aptitude. I see the major problem in
aptitude at full-upgrade command which doesn't work fine with default
config in sid (apt-get and cupt works fine with dist-upgrade)

I hope, for the good of aptitude, you and Manuel reach a concense
about how to use git.debian.org in a collaborative scenary.

Regards,

PD: Sorry for my english