[Babel-users] Convergence problem

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Jul 2 16:30:36 UTC 2008

Thanks for the debugging dumps, I'll try to find the time to study them.

> I also have one question, is there any way, to add/remove interfaces
> when Babel is already running ?

Yes, just list all of the possible interfaces on the Babel command
line, even if they don't currently exist.  Babel will automatically
notice when they come into existence, and start running over them.

So you run something like

  babel eth0 ppp0 ppp1 ppp2 ppp3 ppp4

and Babel will notice if any of the above-mentioned interfaces comes
into existence.

Note that Babel only polls the kernel for new interfaces every 30
seconds.  If you add a new interface and want Babel to notice it
straight away, you may want to send Babel a SIGUSR2 in order for it to
notice it straight away.

                                        Juliusz