[Babel-users] autoritative statefull ahcpd question

filozofu^ bogdan bodo2all at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 12:34:47 UTC 2008

In the documentation at line 84 it says "An authoritative peer never sends AHCP queries",
but in the readme        at line 69 it says "By default, the authoritative peers will be configured by AHCP just
like the other ones".
Why is the chapter 3 from the documentation missing?

So do I have to put a "-c /dummy-config.sh"  and "-n"  to obtain a statically configured ahcpd authoritative stateful server?
Is the babel daemon started by ahcpd because it didn't start it for me?
and

Is the file "/etc/ahcp/ahcp-babel-options" necessary on a gateway with babel routing? is it created by the ahcpd daemon?
Also is the file "/var/lib/ahcp-unique-id"  necessary on a authoritative stateful ahcpd server  that is gatway? is it created automatically?

My "ahcpd -a ./ahcp.dat -S 192.168.1.200 192.168.1.254 ./ahcp-leases -n -c ./dummy-config.sh wl0 br-lan"
 dosen't create any lease databese nor give ipv4 adresses
although ahcpd does configure strange ipv6 on the network (::213:e8ff:feec:9a65 on a wireless client aldo the prefix in the autoritative file is the one in the README)