[Babel-users] autoritative statefull ahcpd question

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Jun 18 16:21:34 UTC 2008

> In the documentation at line 84 it says "An authoritative peer never
> sends AHCP queries", but in the readme at line 69 it says "By
> default, the authoritative peers will be configured by AHCP just
> like the other ones".

All peers get configured from the authoritative data.  A non-auth peer
will send queries to get the data; an auth peer already has the data,
so it doesn't need to send queries.

> Why is the chapter 3 from the documentation missing?

Because I'm in the process of redesigning ahcp from scratch.  The new
protocol is much simpler and more modular, but somewhat more chatty.

> So do I have to put a "-c /dummy-config.sh" and "-n" to obtain
> a statically configured ahcpd authoritative stateful server?

Yes.

> Is the babel daemon started by ahcpd

Yes.

> Is the file "/etc/ahcp/ahcp-babel-options" necessary on a gateway
> with babel routing? is it created by the ahcpd daemon?

No.  It's only needed if you want to pass extra options to babel.
Normally, it's not needed.

> Also is the file "/var/lib/ahcp-unique-id" necessary on
> a authoritative stateful ahcpd server that is gatway? is it created
> automatically?

Yes, it's created automatically.  But /var/lib must exist.

> although ahcpd does configure strange ipv6 on the network
> (::213:e8ff:feec:9a65 on a wireless client aldo the prefix in the
> autoritative file is the one in the README)

See my previous mail -- you omitted the double colons ``::''.

                                        Juliusz