[Babel-users] link costs

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Jan 7 20:56:00 UTC 2009

> An other possibility would be to have the entire interface configuration
> on the command line (similiar to how is now). This would need a rewrite
> of the command line parser to allow mixing options and interfaces:
> Both would be read from left to right, later options overriding earlier
> ones.

I think that's somewhat confusing.  As Barbie famously didn't say, user
interface work is hard.

(If you don't pay attention to user-interface issues, you end up with Xkb.
Or Git.  If you do pay attention, you end up with xkeycaps.  Or Darcs.  I'd
much rather Babel were in the latter camp.)

I'm not quite decided yet (I need to sleep over it), but right now I'm
tempted to take the union of the interfaces listed on the command line with
those listed in the config file.

                                        Juliusz