[Babel-users] IPv4+6 routing in Babel

Harald Geyer harald at lefant.net
Fri Sep 4 01:58:25 UTC 2009

Henning Rogge <hrogge at googlemail.com>:
> Am Donnerstag 03 September 2009 21:30:05 schrieb Gabriel Kerneis:
> > On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 08:32:52PM +0200, Henning Rogge wrote:
> > > How do IPv4 nodes forward IPv6 traffic ?
> >
> > Via link-local address.
> The problem is that link-local do not always work in manets because manet
> broadcast domains are not 'closed'.

Can you be more explicit on that "problem"?

I can't think of a situation where we want to select a node as gateway
but can't reach it via it's link local address...

Note that as babel is not a link state protocol and doesn't have a global
topology it need not care much about nodes outside it's broadcast domain.

Harald