[Babel-users] Questions on the "new" AHCP

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jan 15 12:34:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:42:00AM +0100, Alex Morlang wrote:
> the ahcp-config.sh should be updated to use uci states to set ip
> addresses, as right now, the settings will not survive any actions
> of luci/uci.

On second thought, I'm not sure this is such a good idea: is the
address you grab from dhcp inserted in uci?  Do you want such addresses
to survive a reboot?  I'm not sure about the first one, but the answer
to the second one is definitely no, according to me.  And it should be
the same about ahcp.

Now, if you change some things manually (in uci/luci), you just need to
restart ahcpd or wait for some time (how long?) to get a fresh address.
You are doing stuff manually, anyway, so why not restart it?

Why do you think it is import to store this in uci?

Regards,
--
Gabriel Kerneis