[Babel-users] AHCP thoughts

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 12:00:31 UTC 2010

Hi!

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> (I'm actually wondering if Delay-Tolerant Networking, as opposed to Mesh
> Networking, is what you want to be working on.)

I do not think so. DTN use "store and forward" so that data eventually
reaches destination. I think more about organic structure where it is
normal that some information is available at the moment and some not.
Similar to how people interact. When you meet somebody you can get
information form her and give some information to her. And with moving
around (the city for example) you access different people and
different information and give different information. You rarely store
some information for somebody else and when you see her give her this
information. It happens (like "say cheers to this and this person when
you see her") but it is not main characteristics and I see it is as a
higher level (service level for example, some kind of relay messaging)
in the network.

Yes, I like social interactions and networks more. Especially trust
networks. And this is why I see mesh networks as useful in such
context. (By the way, If somebody knows a PhD study concentrated
around trust networks I would be more then interested to hear about
it.)

But you gave me an interesting idea. Based on small world hypothesis
it would be interesting to use such temporary mesh networks for relay
messaging from a friend to a friend over friends (using a trust
network). Could be an interesting "social routing" approach. Useful
for some 1 April RFC. ;-)

Mitar