[Babel-users] AHCP thoughts

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Jul 19 22:48:12 UTC 2010

> You will go around and you will lose connectivity, one group will be
> connected (in a classroom for example) but not connected to another
> group. Somebody reboots its mobile phone - how it will configure?

Mind you, I'm not sure that your classroom example is convincing.  I'd
expect a wired school to have a wired access point in every classroom,
which would either be colocated with an AHCP server, or provide a wired
connection to one.  In either case, you'd be fine rebooting in the
classroom.

(If you expected to be able to reboot your phone in the toilet -- don't
do that, then.)

As I've mentioned in my previous mail -- I'd be very curious to see
a real application where you really need a truly decentralised
configuration protocol.  You and Henning have clearly got more vision
than I, and I'm looking forward to seeing such a network.

                                        Juliusz