[Babel-users] AHCP and IPv4 support

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 20:17:15 UTC 2010

Hi!

> While it would certainly be possible to hack around the limitations of
> IPv4 in order to make a v4-only version of AHCP, what is the
> cost/benefit tradeoff?  Costs are high (a lot of difficult, non-portable
> hacking), and the benefit is just supporting a number of
> soon-to-be-obsolete systems.

I completely agree. All your arguments are completely valid. The
problem is that running Android phones in mesh mode requires root
access and for older versions of Android that is much easier to obtain
(as there have be more methods devised). If we limit ourselves just to
versions where IPv6 is available we are limiting ourselves even more.

But now I remembered. We could ship our own IPv6 kernel module with an app. ;-)

Mitar