[Babel-users] AHCP and IPv4 support

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Sat Jun 12 10:06:09 UTC 2010

>> While it would certainly be possible to hack around the limitations of
>> IPv4 in order to make a v4-only version of AHCP, what is the
>> cost/benefit tradeoff?

> If we limit ourselves just to versions where IPv6 is available we are
> limiting ourselves even more.

Yep, there's a contradiction here between your short-term goals
(supporting AHCP on older software) and my longer-term goals (having
a maintainable version of ahcpd).  There are many possible workarounds
(such as your writing of a v4 version of ahcpd -- I'll be glad to give
you some ideas if you choose to take that route), but fundamentally
there's a contradiction.

> But now I remembered. We could ship our own IPv6 kernel module with an
> app. ;-)

Hmm... let me know how that works out.

                                        Juliusz