[Babel-users] Invalid routes

Don Weeks don.l.weeks.jr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 21:25:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> However, it appears that some routes get established in the routing
>> table which are not pingable. I think this may be due to some radios
>> receiving but not transmitting.
>
> Babel tests for 2-way reachability, so this cannot happen.
>
>> However, pinging something appearing in the routing table results in
>> no returns and also, I can not ping the IPV6 interface address over
>> the link.
>
> You mean the link-local address?  The one in fe80:: ?  Using ``ping6 -I
> whatever''?  If so, it's not a Babel issue.
>
>                                        Juliusz

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> However, it appears that some routes get established in the routing
>> table which are not pingable. I think this may be due to some radios
>> receiving but not transmitting.
>
> Babel tests for 2-way reachability, so this cannot happen.

Hmm, that is what I am seeing. I definitely can not get to those
addresses shown in the routing table.

>> However, pinging something appearing in the routing table results in
>> no returns and also, I can not ping the IPV6 interface address over
>> the link.
>
> You mean the link-local address?  The one in fe80:: ?  Using ``ping6 -I
> whatever''?  If so, it's not a Babel issue.

The link local address, yes. OK, I'll see if I can figure that out.
The IPV6 addresses in the Routerstation seem a bit suspicious.

      Don

Sorry, I did not include the list.
         Don