[Babel-users] how to get ahcpd running on debian

Tomas Cea tomas.cea at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:08:10 UTC 2011

Hi Juliusz,

Firstly, thanks for your answer.

Now, I'm describe my nodes configuration because I can't cunfigure my
network with ahcpd yet.

I downloaded ahcpd from debian repository:
deb http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib

I would like to configure my interface 'ath0' by ahcp, so I have no info
about that interface on my /etc/network/interfaces file.

In my /etc/default/ahcpd file i have two lines:
INTERFACES="ath0"
DAEMON_ARGS="-i /var/lib/ahcpd/unique-id"

About the server:

/etc/ahcpd.conf file contains that:

#############
  mode server

  prefix fde6:20f5:c9ac:358::/64
  prefix 192.168.4.128/25
  lease-dir /var/lib/leases
  name-server fde6:20f5:c9ac:358::1
  name-server 192.168.4.1
  ntp-server 192.168.4.2

##############

I run it with this: > ahcpd -c /etc/ahcpd.conf ath0
And I get a warning message: "unknown interface ath0"

About the others nodes:
When I run >ahcpd ath0
I get the following error: "ahcp_socket: Address family not supported by
protocol"

Could you help me with all of that?
Thanks in advanced.

--