[Babel-users] how to get ahcpd running on debian

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Mar 8 19:04:57 UTC 2011

>   prefix fde6:20f5:c9ac:358::/64

I see you're using a ULA.  You do realise that IPv6 is optional in AHCP,
and that if you don't want to be using IPv6, you're free to omit
advertising an IPv6 prefix?

(Alternatively, you could get a /64 from he.net quite easily.)

> I run it with this: > ahcpd -c /etc/ahcpd.conf ath0
> And I get a warning message: "unknown interface ath0"

Do you have an interface ath0?

> When I run >ahcpd ath0
> I get the following error: "ahcp_socket: Address family not supported by
> protocol"

You need to recompile your kernel with IPv6 support.

--Juliusz