[Babel-users] providing a sample babeld.conf in the distro

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at anarcat.ath.cx
Thu Aug 2 19:26:58 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-02, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> Any ideas? I have tried to look for a sample babeld.conf in the source
>> distribution, couldn't find any... that would be very useful.
>
>   http://mid.gmane.org/7ive3ry9r7.fsf@lanthane.pps.jussieu.fr
>
> This is linked from
>
>   http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/faq.html

Great! thanks for the pointer.

I still think that a sample babeld.conf should be shipped with the babel
source code. It's great that there's a mailing list post somewhere that
describes the documentation, but the fact that I overlooked it (I did
read the FAQ before asking ;) is pretty significant I think.

Also, I feel it would make sense to have a sample config so that future
changes to the configuration syntax can be documented within the same
commit and source code distribution...

Even if the sample config file is just comments, it would still be
useful.

I volunteer for writing such a config file based on the above, if no one
else will, and if the idea is accepted here.

Thanks!

A.
--
Man really attains the state of complete humanity when he produces,
without being forced by physical need to sell himself as a commodity.