[Babel-users] providing a sample babeld.conf in the distro

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Aug 2 20:02:58 UTC 2012

> I still think that a sample babeld.conf should be shipped with the babel
> source code.

Well, the message I'm trying to send is that babeld "just works" -- you
don't need a babeld.conf for normal usage, you're only supposed to use
one if you have special needs.

(As mentioned on IRC, you appear to be having another problem -- babeld
should detect that there already is a default route, and not install the
default route learned from Babel.  So it looks like the FreeBSD port is
not fully functional after all.)

> I volunteer for writing such a config file based on the above, if no one
> else will, and if the idea is accepted here.

I'll be glad to include a sample conf file in the source distribution,
but I'd like it to be called "babeld.conf.sample", to start with
a comment that says that no babeld.conf file is necessary in normal
usage, and to consist of comments only.  For an example, please see

  http://git.wifi.pps.jussieu.fr/?p=polipo.git;a=blob;f=config.sample