[Babel-users] providing a sample babeld.conf in the distro

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Thu Aug 2 20:33:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> I still think that a sample babeld.conf should be shipped with the babel
>> source code.
>
> Well, the message I'm trying to send is that babeld "just works" -- you
> don't need a babeld.conf for normal usage, you're only supposed to use
> one if you have special needs.
>
> (As mentioned on IRC, you appear to be having another problem -- babeld
> should detect that there already is a default route, and not install the
> default route learned from Babel.  So it looks like the FreeBSD port is
> not fully functional after all.)
>
>> I volunteer for writing such a config file based on the above, if no one
>> else will, and if the idea is accepted here.
>
> I'll be glad to include a sample conf file in the source distribution,
> but I'd like it to be called "babeld.conf.sample", to start with
> a comment that says that no babeld.conf file is necessary in normal
> usage, and to consist of comments only.  For an example, please see

I hit the same problem this week-end while doing an ebuild for babeld.

And I was suspecting Julius being responsible for no sample babeld.conf...

A well documented babeld.conf is more than welcomed, even if all the
variables are disabled by default.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762