[Babel-users] providing a sample babeld.conf in the distro

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at anarcat.ath.cx
Thu Aug 2 20:28:17 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-02, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> I still think that a sample babeld.conf should be shipped with the babel
>> source code.
>
> Well, the message I'm trying to send is that babeld "just works" -- you
> don't need a babeld.conf for normal usage, you're only supposed to use
> one if you have special needs.

Well, this is not my experience so far. I would very much like to agree
there, but so far, to announce routes I needed at least:

    redistribute allow

Maybe a lesser incantation would have worked. I think this is related to
the fact that my routes don't have a "proto" assigned to them, after
reading the mailing list post.

>> I volunteer for writing such a config file based on the above, if no one
>> else will, and if the idea is accepted here.
>
> I'll be glad to include a sample conf file in the source distribution,
> but I'd like it to be called "babeld.conf.sample", to start with
> a comment that says that no babeld.conf file is necessary in normal
> usage, and to consist of comments only.  For an example, please see
>
>   http://git.wifi.pps.jussieu.fr/?p=polipo.git;a=blob;f=config.sample

Sure, that sounds reasonable.

I'll work on something.

A.

--
For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple -
and wrong.