[Babel-users] providing a sample babeld.conf in the distro

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Aug 3 11:58:53 UTC 2012

> git://src.anarcat.ath.cx/babeld
>
> it's a merge of the OpenWRT sample config file and the mailing list
> post.

Hmm, as you justly note, that's a wee bit too confusing.

I suggest the following:

  - make the link to the Gmane posting to the Message-ID, which is more
    stable:

    http://mid.gmane.org/7ive3ry9r7.fsf@lanthane.pps.jussieu.fr

  - remove the copyright notices (that's hopefully not copyrightable,
    it's just a config file); instead, put a note crediting Aaron in the
    commit message;

  - leave the "simple rules" section, but without a title and the ====
    lines;

  - remove all the rest.

> I removed the -X notes because I didn't understood what they were
> refering to.

They're obsolete -- -X was a hack that was used before I implemented
proper redistribution.