[Babel-users] providing a sample babeld.conf in the distro

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at anarcat.ath.cx
Fri Aug 10 00:03:29 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-03, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> git://src.anarcat.ath.cx/babeld
>>
>> it's a merge of the OpenWRT sample config file and the mailing list
>> post.
>
> Hmm, as you justly note, that's a wee bit too confusing.
>
> I suggest the following:
>
>   - make the link to the Gmane posting to the Message-ID, which is more
>     stable:
>
>     http://mid.gmane.org/7ive3ry9r7.fsf@lanthane.pps.jussieu.fr

I assume you mean in the commit message, since there is no link in the
actual configuration file.

>   - remove the copyright notices (that's hopefully not copyrightable,
>     it's just a config file); instead, put a note crediting Aaron in the
>     commit message;

That is debatable. The problem is: the sample configuration from OpenWRT
is copyrighted:

https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/babel/files/babeld.conf

... by you and Aaron. So unless you both disclaim your copyright on that
file, I am guessing that it is copyrighted under the usual license.

>   - leave the "simple rules" section, but without a title and the ====
>     lines;

I remove the titles and separators.

>   - remove all the rest.

Hum. The rest? do you mean the numbered sections below the "simple
rules"? I don't understand why, you have explicitely given your email as
a sample of good configuration, why not use it and maintain it?

>> I removed the -X notes because I didn't understood what they were
>> refering to.
>
> They're obsolete -- -X was a hack that was used before I implemented
> proper redistribution.

Good.

I rebased and push my branch, let me know if I can improve it further.

A.
--
Man really attains the state of complete humanity when he produces,
without being forced by physical need to sell himself as a commodity.