[Babel-users] babelctl?

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at anarcat.ath.cx
Fri Aug 31 15:14:18 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-31, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> Well, for one thing it would be more reliable to have a unix socket
>> instead of a network port.
>
> A Unix socket cannot easily be tunnelled using ssh or socat.

I'm not saying to ditch the network port, what i am saying is that there
should /always/ be a socket opened.

>> Also, the output is not easy to parse as it is right now. First off,
>> there is no delimitation that allows us to see when a listing is
>> over.
>
> It's not a listing -- it's deltas that arrive asynchronously.  But then,
> adding an "end of initial dump" marker would solve your problem quite
> nicely.

I understand that, and yes a EOF marker of some sort would be quite useful.

>> Second, the fields display is inconsistent. The "chan (255)" field, for
>> example, is sometimes there, sometimes not...
>
> The format is extensible, and in principle all fields are optional.

Understood.

>> git://src.anarcat.ath.cx/reseaulibre-scripts
>
> I'll have a look when I have some time next week.

Warning: it's a awk nightmare because we can't rely on more flexible
things like perl which require more space on OpenWRT images. ;) Ideally,
this would be C code...

>>> The Quagga version of Babel has an extensive command-line interface:
>
>> Do you mind showing me sample output so that I could make something
>> similar out of this?

[thanks for the quagga output!]

A.

--
Le monochrome, c'est pour ceux qui s'intéressent (encore) au contenu.
Usenet dans ces conditions, c'est comme le web avec lynx, on prend