[Babel-users] switching cerowrt to quagga-babeld issues

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Sat Jun 30 20:43:27 UTC 2012

> the very exciting authentication code is now in there,

Please note that the auth TLV format is changing right as we speak
(commit f0f71a), so if you enable auth by default, warn your users about
the incompatibilities.

> 1) I liked the original add route/delete old route update scheme
> better than delete old/add new which is what I think is in quagga.

I think somebody mentioned that already.

> 2) I'd used the rxcost parameter to babel to give 5.x ghz network a
> tiny preference in case of tie with 2.4 ghz. Don't know how to do that
> in quagga-babel

Please don't use the rxcost parameter, which is specific to the ETX
algorithm, use filtering instead:

  in if wlan42 metric 32

In Quagga, this should be done using route-maps.  Except that we haven't
implemented route-maps yet.

> The quagga route-map functionality can't do this at present

Yep, route-maps are not implemented for Babel yet.

> alice should only accept routes for 192.168.0.X on her own network,
> not via a babel exchange with bob or calvin

You should be able to do that with an access-list.  Access-lists are
only half-implemented in Babel right now, but the current support should
be sufficient for the above.