[Babel-users] Babeld merged with GPL headers against copyright holders' wishes

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Tue Mar 27 15:47:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012, Outback Dingo wrote:

> I dont think its about closing any of the code off, I think its more
> about how someone can simple add other added parameters or restrictions
> on the code base which was originally a more open unrestricted license

Please see:

   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=quagga.git;a=blob;f=babeld/LICENCE

as should be clear from this file, we have NOT tried to close off the code
to the standalone, MIT/X11 licensed version of babeld which is independent
of Quagga: we will require that contributions to Quagga babeld/ be MIT/X11
licensed.

We have followed these SFLC guidelines, which I believe are best practice:

   https://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2007/gpl-non-gpl-collaboration.html

regards,
--
Paul Jakma  paul at jakma.org  twitter: @pjakma  PGP: 64A2FF6A