[Babel-users] Babeld merged with GPL headers against copyright holders' wishes

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Mar 27 18:38:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:

> Please read my initial mail again.  At no point have I argued the
> legality of Paul's actions.  I'm simply stating that I find his actions
> rude.

Everyone is of course entitled to their view of the world, but when
you publish your views, expect others to respond.

When you grant someone a right under an old and well-understood
license, when this right and its implications are widely understood,
when a group uses that right, and when that group makes every effort
to reciprocate (even though nothing in your license requires that),
and then you describe individuals from that group as "rude", you are
acting childish, naive, emotional, and hypocritical.

Just for you I am now going to fork babeld, and GPL it.

-Pieter