[Babel-users] Communication broken on reboot/interface restart

Jeremy DIERX j.dierx at microfilms.fr
Thu Dec 19 13:49:32 UTC 2013

Thank you Baptiste.

De: "Baptiste Jonglez" <baptiste.jonglez at ens-lyon.fr>
> So, by "reboot", you mean only an down/up of the interface.

restart interface or reboot, same problem.

> Do you really have two interfaces (eth0 and ra0), or is that just a
> mistake in the command you gave?

It's a copy/paste mistacke, the command is :
ip link set ra0 down && ip link set ra0 up

> As Gabriel pointed out, your interface may lose it's IPv4 address when
> bringing it down and then up.

When I restart ra0, the interface keeps it's IPv4 address (checked ok)
if not, I reset it with :
ip addr add 192.168.13.1 dev ra0

> If I remember correctly, ahcpd doesn't automatically re-add the address
> when the interface goes down and up; are you using ahcpd, or assigning
> addresses manually?

There is no ahcpd nor network manager (netctl, networkmanager,…). The ip adress is assigned manually.

Jeremy