[Babel-users] Add -v option to babel?

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 21 12:22:02 UTC 2013

I am thinking about adding the necessary C file to the tarball with a
script, so you get the right version when you compile from a tarball.

Henning

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Baptiste Jonglez
<baptiste.jonglez at ens-lyon.fr> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 01:46:41PM +0200, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> If you tag all versions in your repository, it should be easy to get a
>> version string from the last relevant tag.
>>
>> We use the following command in the OLSRv2 makefile system:
>> git describe --always --long --tags --dirty --match "v[0-9]*"
>
> What if you're building from the tarball?

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan