[Babel-users] Parser limitation: retractions with no router-id

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sun Jul 21 16:24:09 UTC 2013

There's a minor bug in the packet parser, which is not currently
triggered but should be fixed.  I'm summarising it here in case
somebody gets around to fixing it before I do.

According to RFC 6126 paragraph 4.1.3, retractions are allowed even
without a preceding Router-ID.  However, the packet parser in
message.c only allows retractions without a router-id when AE is equal
to 0.  Hence, a router-id-less retraction with AE different from
0 will be ignored by current trunk (after 1.4.2).

This bug is never triggered, since we never generate router-id-less
retractions with AE different from 0 in current versions of babeld.