[Babel-users] Babeld Team ID ( AS number like )

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Mar 20 11:09:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:58:51AM +0100, Gioacchino Mazzurco wrote:
> So we thinked that it would be very useful if Babeld would suppert a "team id"
> similar to AS number so we can just puts a line like
>
> in team_id roman_routers_team_id deny
>
> and then set the same team_id for every babeld router in rome

This would require extending the protocol to send team-id in addition to
router-id.

Since you are assigning your router ids manually anyway, another idea requiring
only minimal changes might be to add a filter matching a prefix of the
router-id, and then assign your router-ids with a uniform prefix.  (Okay, this
is not a very good idea because a router picking a random or MAC-based router-id
might be filtered by mistake.)

--
Gabriel