[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.3.6

Gabriel Kerneis gabriel at kerneis.info
Fri May 3 09:53:16 UTC 2013

Hi Saverio,

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 11:30:43AM +0200, Saverio Proto wrote:
> who is managing the babeld package in OpenWRT ? :) Gabriel ?

Yes.

> the feed is already included by default:
> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/feeds.conf.default

I'm not sure I understand either the goal, nor the whole picture.

Does that mean that the packages are also included in openwrt snapshot builds
automatically?  What about OpenWrt releases: will a snapshot be captured and
branched, as it has been done for AA 12.09?

> what about moving also babel to the routing feed ? :)

I don't have any strong opinion about it.  Current situation is working okay for
me, so why change?  On the other hand, it might make sense to switch in order to
ease other people's contributions (in particular if Matthieu or Juliusz want to
be able to manage the package themselves).  But nobody ever sent me a patch so
far (despite the ahcpd package being broken for more than a year, for instance).

Feel free to add me as the contributor to the github repository (nickname
kerneis), but I'm conservative and probably won't make the switch until someone
gives me a compelling reason to do so.  In case it happens, it would probably
make sense to move ahcpd there as well.

Best regards,
--
Gabriel