[Babel-users] OpenWRT routing overlay [was: ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.3.6]

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Fri May 3 20:28:39 UTC 2013

Hello,

it is not about web interfaces :)

moving to the overlay means first of all to move from svn to git. And
I think this is a major improvement.

the routing overlay is managed by the routing community, so we are
more flexible and fast to accept patches, review them , and to give to
people commit rights. Most of people that develop routing protocols
used on OpenWRT know each other, most of them attend the Battlemesh
every year ...

the OpenWRT svn is not flexible enough for submitting/rebasing
patches, and to have commits rights you have to come here to Rome and
ask the Pope to sign some papers !!! :)

of course, no one is forced to move to the routing overlay. If you
like to use the svn packages of OpenWRT it is okay to just don't
change anything. For olsrd we have so many people working on the
OpenWRT packaging, that the overlay on github turned out to be very
good.

ciao :)

Saverio