[Babel-users] Multi-Radio with Babel

Sébastien Bonnaire sebastien at bonnaire.org
Wed Jan 8 12:40:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've played a few last months with babeld and some single radio devices.
First of all, i would like to thank you about the quality of this work.
Babeld is very stable and fast.

Now, i would like to test the benefit of multi-radio devices, as some USB
dongles are laying around me.

Before beginning the tests  in real life, i would like to know if anyone of
you could make it work properly and share its configuration (my thoughts
are about the need to use, or to not use, a bridge interface "br0") :
- Bridge : What is the recommended configuration refering bridging : should
i create a bridge (br0) for wlan0 and wlan1 or not ?
- IP Addresses :
   -> must i assign a unique IP address do each wlan interface (or a unique
to br0)
   -> if i must assign two different IP addresses (one per wlan interface),
must i assign an IP address in different or same subnet (192.168.1.0/28 and
192.168.2.0/28 *OR* both in 192.168.1.0/28) ?
- Babeld : as i could read in the docs, i should then start babeld with
option "wlan0 wlan1"

thanks a lot in advance for your help