[Babel-users] Source-sensitive packet's format

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Jul 1 17:40:20 UTC 2014

> What I'm suggesting is a little weaker.  There's still compression, but
> only non-specific updates can set the prefix.  (It shouldn't matter much
> in practice, though, I expect most SS-updates to be for the default
> route.)
>
> Not sure what to do about compression for source prefixes.

After thinking it over some more, removing the flags field looks like the
right solution.  Compression is still allowed, you're just no longer
allowed to set the compression state in source-specific updates.

I think that the ordering for updates should consider the prefix with the
longer plen for source-specific updates, and for the same prefix put
non-specific before source-specific.  This should give reasonable compression.