[Babel-users] Source-sensitive packet's format

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 17:47:06 UTC 2014

I do not mind if you break backward wire compatibility against
existing versions of babels, but do it soon, please, and warn people.
My users are
pretty tolerant of breakage, so long as they are warned....

I would not mind a shim of some sort protecting against older babels's
format and newer...

but switching to a new TLV number for the newer flag-less format and
sending warnings for receipt of the old ("old style babels packet
received, please update babel on that machine") seems most comforting
to me.

(I'm allergic to the number 13, anyway)

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article