[Babel-users] fun with babeld, and tools for measuring ETX for Babel meshes

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Jul 2 20:40:26 UTC 2014

Gabriel Kerneis <gabriel at kerneis.info> wrote:
    > On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 09:54:55AM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
    >> BabelWeb seems to be node.js... is that gonna fit on an NetGear3800?

    > No. The usual approach is to have a ssh tunnel from your computer
    > running node.js to your router (or to have a netcat forwarding). You can
    > also just run babelweb locally on your computer and get a view of the
    > network from this node.

okay, I saw that point later on when reading.

The computer you see my son operating is actually an Android tablet; maybe
can run node.js.  Maybe not, I will try. It has a debian chroot, 4 CPUs and
1GB ram...

One thing I realized while looking at my data is that I seem to have lost
connectivity to the 3800 that was right there in the wagon.  That shouldn't
be unless when babeld lost connectivity it caused RAs to stop or something.
I guess a tcpdump while roaming is in order.

I'll setup the babelweb for the nodes at my house using either an ssh port
forward, or perhaps just TCP with ACL; but presumably that won't tell me more
than "node43 no longer reachable"