[Babel-users] route filtering question

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat May 31 17:35:10 UTC 2014

I have a ton of stuff in a lab and a production network. I'd like to
filter out the lab ipv4 and ipv6 address space from being announced to
the
production network, but so far haven't found the magic incantations.

I do want the ipv4 address space of the lab announced, but to block
the test ipv6 subnet entirely.

I'd figured something like this on the lab gateway would suffice, but
so far no dice. Have fiddled increasingly randomly with ge,le,eq

ip route add 172.21.0.0/16 dev eth0 # I never see this announced
by babel

# ip -6 route add fd:x:y:z::/48 dev eth0 Don't think this is needed

in babeld.conf

out ip 172.21.0.0/16 eq 16 if wlan0 allow
out ip 172.21.0.0/16 le 17 if wlan0 deny
out ip fd:x:y:z::/48 le 48 if wlan0 deny

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article