[Babel-users] the routing atomic update wet paint - because *I* care

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:06:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Matthieu Boutier
<boutier at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> I think the "unique key" for the route is destination, routing table
>> and metric. The metric part is important, if you put the "routing
>> protocol path cost" into the route, atomic replacement will not work.
>
> Interesting (so the previous patch is wrong).  Did you know about the
> "source" part? (RTA_SRC)  Is it part of the "key"?

Phh... this is a good question... I would guess YES, otherwise the
whole source-specific routing would not work.

in olsrd2 (and olsrd) we just set all parameters... but I remember the
original olsrd had trouble when not using a static "routing metric"
for the routing entry. In olsrd2 I always set a constant metric value
for every route, that's why I mentioned the metric.

> Dave, perhaps this "may" be better -- note this has no chance to get
> into babeld:
>
> -    const int has_atomic_replacement = has_ipv6_subtrees; /* Dave says that if a
> +    const int has_atomic_replacement = has_ipv6_subtrees && !reflect_kernel_metric; /* Dave says that if a

Henning