[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.6.0

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 03:26:04 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 8:04 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I am happy to see this switchover...
>
> A) it would have be nice if you did not break the build, and had
> checked for dependencies on babels and fixed those too. there was only
> one... but it happened to be on code (hnetd) I am testing tomorrow
> morning at 10AM PDT. A find . -type f -name Makefile | xargs grep
> babels revealed that only hnetd depended on it.
>
> B) It is not clear what else broke with hnetd with this change to
> babels from babeld. The two sets of init and config scripts had grown
> to differ quite a bit.
>
> C) You missed adding ipv6-subtrees support to the init script, and as
> all of openwrt has ipv6_subtrees support in the kernel, the default
> should be true for this os, not the default in babel, which is false.

D) you did not incorporate any of the source specific openwrt
babels init and config mods like

        append_parm "$cfg" 'src_ip' 'src-ip'
        append_parm "$cfg" 'src_eq' 'src-eq'
        append_parm "$cfg" 'src_le' 'src-le'
        append_parm "$cfg" 'src_ge' 'src-ge'

E) And there was a longstanding patch in babels that I hope made babeld,
or was solved some other way...

0001-Allow-routes-with-source-128-for-SAS-on-Linux.patch

It would be best if someone could revert commit:

23e20773d8b5c90dad99702e030ce86ccf3344f3

Until these two functionalities were actually merged and tested
together properly.