[Babel-users] Bucket full, dropping packet

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 09:49:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> netlink_read: recvmsg(): No buffer space available
>
> I've seen that.  I have no idea what causes that, but babeld should
> recover cleanly (by closing and reopening the netlink socket).

I had them in OLSRv2 too... in my case it was the case that the buffer
for receiving netlink messages from the kernel became full, I had too
many netlink message "in flight".

I solved it by having a rate limitation, sending a block of netlink
messages, then waiting for the ACKs before sending the next.

Henning