[Babel-users] Bucket full, dropping packet

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Dec 11 15:16:27 UTC 2015

> Attaching some more dumps.

Thanks, Kosko.

These are all IPv4 retractions, and they look just fine to me.  I'd need
to see the full packet to be sure, but it probably means that there's some
ambiguity in the code about handling retractions with no suitable next
hop.

I'll have a look when I have time.  In the meantime, any chance you could
dump a full packet with an unparseable TLV?

> It seems that many babeld instances have started using a lot of CPU and
> routes are unstable.

I'd be grateful for some profiling output.  I've deliberately used very
simple data structures in babeld, and there's a lot of optimisation that
could be done.  I suspect that you're running into limitations of the
kernel interface, which is pretty horrible right now.