[Babel-users] Bucket full, dropping packet

Jernej Kos jernej at kos.mx
Fri Dec 11 17:44:53 UTC 2015

Hello!

On 11. 12. 2015 16:16, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> Attaching some more dumps.
>
> Thanks, Kosko.

Kostko, not Kosko ;-)

> I'll have a look when I have time.  In the meantime, any chance you could
> dump a full packet with an unparseable TLV?

Yes, I will update the dump code.

> I'd be grateful for some profiling output.  I've deliberately used very
> simple data structures in babeld, and there's a lot of optimisation that
> could be done.  I suspect that you're running into limitations of the
> kernel interface, which is pretty horrible right now.

This seems to be related to some problems we are currently experiencing
and are unable to diagnose. Sometimes a huge number of routes simply
become unreachable and at the same time babeld CPU usage on some nodes
spikes to 100%.

Unfortunately, this is babeld running on embeded devices where it is
hard to do profiling. What could be the cause of this?

Jernej