[Babel-users] Bucket full, dropping packet

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 22:25:07 UTC 2015

Hi!

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 5:10 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
> Very good idea.  Is it possible to use a Debian box?  With all the
> profiling and debugging tools, it would be more useful.

Sure, but we might not catch some issues because the system would not
be a typical system (limited memory, interaction with other settings
on the box, exact versions of kernel and packages we use, etc). In
general, what you would have to run is:

- tunneldigger client
- babel
- nodewatcher-agent

You can register a node and then use its configuration (like allocated
IPs) to configure the Debian system.

Do you use any virtualization tool? You could generate through
nodewatcher an OpenWrt image with all the stuff in it, but it would
then look a bit more like our system. So same version and so on. Also
it would allow you to easier upgrade to new firmware versions by just
regenerating the firmware. That's how we are upgrading our nodes.

If you need debugging tools then you just install them in OpenWrt. If
you have any particular one in mind which we are missing from our
OpenWrt repository we can easily add it (if it is in OpenWrt in
general).

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/