[Babel-users] Bucket full, dropping packet

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sun Dec 13 13:52:49 UTC 2015

> Ok, I can do some profiling on the babeld that is running on the VPN
> server with the large number of links. Just tell me what profiling data
> do you want? Should I just compile a debug build and run babeld through
> callgrind or do you have something else in mind?

I'm not familiar with callgrind -- I've had both results with both "perf
record" and gprof.  But yes, callgrind should be fine.

I need to find out where the CPU time is going.  I suspect either the
quadratic loop in xroute.c, or linear-time route selection in route.c.
I intend to fix both, but I'd like to be sure.

> Yes, you only need to establish a VPN connection to our server using
> tunneldigger-client [1] (it compiles on Debian) and run babeld on the
> VPN interface. We only need to allocate an IPv4 address for you so there
> will be no conflicts.

Ok, I'll see on Monday if I can get an extra VM before Christmas.